For Midland Fertility assisted conception patients, the scan service offers continuing reassurance about the progress of the pregnancy, in the familiar environment of the clinic at which they have received treatment. For other clients, the service provides reassurance in a discreet, easily accessible unit, with flexible appointments.
And remember – welcoming a new baby can be a family affair and so up to six members of the extended family (eg grandparents-to-be and siblings) may also come to the scan.
Pregnancy scanning at Midland Fertility does not replace NHS ante-natal scanning, but is available as an additional chargeable service to all patients and clients.
At scans during 13 to 27 weeks, the mum-/parents-to-be:
- will see the baby’s heartbeat and position
- can ask the gender of the baby, if desired – from 18 weeks. However, no gender ID scan can be 100% definitive and the following factors may make any gender scan inconclusive:
- if genitalia cannot be seen
- position of baby or placenta
- location of cord
Some of the 2D scan images will be printed and also copied onto a USB memory stick.
At these scans, the sonographer will:
- observe unexpected abnormalities, such as polyhydramnios (excessive amniotic fluid), or noticeable growth issues, and refer the woman back to her NHS care provider for further investigation, if appropriate
- carry out some other measurements – but these scans do not replace routine NHS measurements and checks
As part of this service, scan patients will receive:
- a USB of the scan images
- five printed images
- one branded photo display card
Cost of 2D reassurance scan (13 to 27 weeks) at Midland Fertility: £